Pages


Thursday, August 12, 2010

Here I Am...


Tonight there's a hymn playing in my head. It's been one of my favorites since our Sunday School kids sang the chorus during a church service. There's something about those sweet little voices.

This past weekend we were at a family reunion. My sister Deb prepared the church service for us. As a surprise, and big teary moment, she had the 3 cousins sing a song for us all. Little did I know that Sofia picked the song they were going to sing. Sofia, Lou and Alyssa got up in front of everyone and started singing. When they got to the chorus, the tears started flowing.

Here I am Lord. Is it I Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go Lord, If you lead me
I will hold your people in my heart.

The anticipation of this trip is pretty amazing for me right now. I can't sleep at night. The thought of being able to finally meet these sweet faces I've looked at for so many weeks, to give kisses and cuddles, and probably do more crying at the frustration of the needs.

My prayer is that you will join me in this journey. Not just this trip, but for the long-term with Children of the Promise. Start saving your pennies now and consider coming along with me next year. (Yes, I'm planning the next trip before taking the first.) Maybe your pennies will be used for a plane ticket and vaccinations. Or maybe it will be sent directly to them. Pray about it. See what God places on your heart.

I am here Lord. And I am ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment