Pages


Thursday, August 18, 2011

Too tired to post...

But I have to before going to bed. So much happened today. This will be choppy - hopefully you can follow along.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

How to piss off a baby
1 - Take it away from its mother.
2 - Start poking it with needles.

It's kinda like Haiti - I'm getting used to the crying. Doesn't mean I don't want to do something about it, but I know that the end result is going to (hopefully) be a good thing.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

I tried really hard to make Leonardo smile this morning. It's gotta stink after open-heart surgery to have people poking around when your body is in so much pain. But that's my goal - I need to see them all smile. I tried games on my phone, funny faces, you name it. No smile.

He looked at me, then projectile vomited bright green.

Maybe that's why he didn't want to smile.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Leonardo was discharged from the ICU after the projectile incident. His mother was so excited. He was not.

As we were walking into the 'step-down' unit where he'll be spending the next few days, I noticed a body wrapped in a sheet. I was told there was a trauma last night. I don't know what that means. All I know is that my joy was replaced with sorrow - and I just wanted to throw up.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

I fell in love. Jason is not going to let me travel anymore. Here's a picture of sweet Maria. She's 6 years old and will be having surgery tomorrow. I'm going to scrub in for it and follow her from start to finish.
We completely bonded during her ECHO. I was laying on the bed next to her, taking and showing her pictures. I showed her the picture of Sofia making bracelets - like the one she's wearing.


I'm really hoping that I can be with her in pre-op, scrub in for her surgery, then follow her to the ICU. She likes me right now. After surgery she's going to hate me.

Hopefully I can see her smile before I leave. Thankfully the team will be here next week and they can update me on her progress.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Lunch. I have no idea why I started showing you my lunch but now it's a trend and I have to continue.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

So sorry this is short. My post will be late tomorrow. I'm going to stay for 12-hours to be with Maria.




No comments:

Post a Comment