Pages


Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Day 2 Part 1

So far, today has been filled with a lot of awesome experiences. First thing- roosters woke us up at 5:30. My mom said that they will meet their untimely death soon. Yep, that's coming from an animal lover. I tried Haitian mango for breakfast this morning. OMG. It's AMAZING! Jenn and Amy said that mangoes aren't in season, and the ones that they have now are less sweet and more stringy, but I can't even imagine what the other mangoes are like. Yum...

Ok, I'm done obsessing over the mangoes. We went to Children of the Promise, which is where we got Rosa. It has changed so much since we picked her up. The children live in houses with actual caretakers, instead of it being a free-for-all with kids running around in poopy diapers, with snotty noses, and no clothes. Most of the nannies there remembered her, and it was so sweet seeing their faces light up when they saw her picture. I met the nanny that she used to talk about a lot. She hugged me, gave me a kiss on the cheek, and smiled the whole time as we talked about Rosa and showed her pictures. I'll try and post the picture later.

Now, I'm at the Second Mile land. I'll post more about this in part 2 of Day 2.

Lots of love,
Sofia



4 comments:

  1. Sofia, I can't express my excitement for you and the experiences that you are having. This is certainly going to be a life-changing trip for you! Love you! Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sofia, I hope this is an incredible experience for you. I'm so proud of you and SO JEALOUS of you! I can't wait to hear all about your awesome endeavors, and what a life-changing experience this will be for you and your mom. Love you lots!

    P.S... I realize that I said similar things to what my mom said, but we're just too alike for our own good.
    Have a SPECTACULAR time Soph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete