Pages


Thursday, April 7, 2011

Calling All Prayer Warriors

It's with a new sense of urgency that I ask you all to start praying. I've worried about the babies ever since I got back in August. While the staff there does an amazing job with them, conditions in Haiti are harsh. The hospital is a challenging drive away. Babies that would normally be in the NICU stay on the COTP property and are cared for by the staff. They set up IV's, administer meds, and do everything they can to keep the babies healthy.

Another virus is sweeping over them. Many of the kids are suffering from diarrhea and vomiting. Many are dehydrated. I don't have any further information - beyond what's posted on the COTP blog.

My heart sank as I read about sweet little Marie dying in Nikki's arms. She had adoptive parents who were just 1 week away from bringing her home. She looked so healthy and beautiful.

Please pray. With all of your might, pray. This is exactly why we CANNOT forget these children. They need our prayers and our donations on a constant and regular basis.

It's time for another drive. I'll be collecting powdered Pedialyte, disinfectant wipes, baby wipes, and liquid soap. If you want me to mail them, feel free to drop them off at church or contact me and I'll pick them up. If you want to send them yourself, you can sent them to:

Bud and Jan Bonnema
Agape Flights CAP--11952
100 Airport Ave
Venice, FL 34285

* * * * * * * * * *

Learn to do good; seek justice, rescue the oppressed, defend the orphan, plead for the widow. Isaiah 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment