Pages


Thursday, June 2, 2011

We Know

Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about. - Unknown

I think about Haiti every single day. Every. Single. Day. It's amazing how Haiti has grabbed my soul and won't let go. Is it a calling? Or an obsession? Or a little of both?

We know. We found out a few days ago and we officially accepted the referral yesterday. I so appreciate all of your not asking for an adoption update. This has been a long road we've been down, and we still have a long way to go. But as of right now, we know who she is.

We had three girls to choose from. I prayed that God would give us the answer. I feel guilty to say this, but we actually ranked them. #1. #2. #3. I don't know how we came up with it, but we did. Surprisingly, our list was the same as what Children of the Promise had. Yet we were still very unsure. How do we choose between three very deserving little girls?

God, who is faithful, gave us our answer. One little girl is no longer available. One little girl is being adopted by another family.

One little girl was left. She was our #1. Amazing.

Is it mean of me to tell you that we know, and then follow it up with - "we aren't going to tell anyone"?? Considering what's happened, we just can't. Both Jason and I feel we need to be further down the road before we share her name. For now, she's known as Baby Haiti. Absolutely adorable, already loved, little sister Baby Haiti.

Please pray that she comes home this year. It's possible. Not highly likely, but it actually could happen.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Karen, I am so happy for you! I will be praying for your family, including "Baby Haiti"! I hope that God is in as much of a hurry as you are to get her home! Good luck!!!
    ERIN

    ReplyDelete