Pages


Thursday, June 9, 2011

It's a Big Day

Take a pen and put a big heart on today's date. This afternoon I got word that our dossier arrived at Children of the Promise. All of those pages. All of that effort. All of those months. Finally in Haiti.

Before getting word about the dossier, Laurie at Love Basket was pestering me about this. (I love you Laurie!!) Lo and behold - here it is in the mail. Our I-600 approval. I'm pretty sure that's only significant to someone who is adopting or has adopted before. Everything that's accomplished takes us one step closer.

I should be more excited or relieved or something. I guess I'd say I'm happy that the I-600 came two weeks early. Happy. But I'm not excited. After losing Josette and Magdaline, in two completely different ways, I'm keeping my emotions at bay on Baby Haiti. I love her. I pray for her. I can't wait to bring her home. But right now I'm numb.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

In other exciting news, we're able to purchase one iPad for COTP. Thanks to the on-line donations and our fabulous church, we've raised enough to get one. The Chip-In button is active until June 24th, so there's still time to donate towards the second one.

Thank you for giving. Thank you for loving. Thank you for praying - for the least of these.

You know, I believe we're all called to care for the orphans of the world. Stay tuned to my next post when I talk about it in greater detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment