Pages


Saturday, December 10, 2011

3.21.12

It's a weepy week.  They happen.  Thankfully not all the time.

I spent a week in Canada for work.  My mind was occupied during most of the trip.  But...I got an email.  It was from the social worker at our home study agency.  She said that if the little girl isn't home by 3.21 we have to update our home study.  Along with that we have to get our security clearance (US), police clearance (local), and medical redone.

It's not that big of a deal really.  But the date hit me.  That means our home study will be a year old.

We started this process last October.  In June we found out who our daughter was.  She's going to miss Christmas this year.  She won't be home for her 2nd birthday.  And most likely, her feet will not be on US soil before 3.21.12.

Her birthday is in January.  This afternoon the kids decorated a box that we'll use to ship presents for her. My sister bought her a super cute little dress.  We'll include 3 cake mixes and fun candles.  I know that Nikki will take a ton of pictures for us.  It will be joyful, and it will be sad.  I want her home.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *  

I had a gross dream about her last night.  I don't feel like sharing it, but it didn't feel great to wake up after.  My sweet little buddy was stirring, so I decided to get out of bed and hoped a strong cup of coffee would help shake what I just woke up from.  A little cuddle time with Henry while my coffee was brewing did the trick.

When Sofia woke up she told me she had a GREAT dream.  "Mommy, I had a dream that you got a call. You and Daddy traveled to Haiti and she was home for Christmas."

That makes me cry.

As I emotionally prepare for Christmas, her birthday, and 3.21.12, I pray for a Christmas miracle.  All I want for Christmas is an email that says we're out of IBESR and we need to schedule a trip for court.

Please God, help us to make that next step that brings her closer to coming home.

4 comments:

  1. Those weepy weeks are hard. I pray you hear good news that you are out of IBESR very, very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying so hard for your Christmas miracle. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping you get your Christmas wish.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen-
    Feeling for you and will be praying for you.
    Waiting is the hardest part...

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete