Pages


Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful

This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for the gift of adoption.  While we never had adoption as part of our plan in life, God had something completely different in mind.

When I talk to people about the little girl what I consistently hear is this: "Oh I could NEVER do that" or "If I had the money I would adopt".

We never thought about adoption.  
We didn't have $30k just sitting under our bed either.

I will be the first to tell you that this road has not been easy.  When she came home it wasn't happily ever after.  This little girl has challenge me in every.  single.  way.

But I love her.
She is real.
She is my own.
She is equal to her brother and sister.
And I am her mother.

She loves her big brother.  Nothing will make her face light up faster than when 'Emry' wakes up in the morning or comes home from school.  My heart overflows when I see her on the couch cuddling with 'Dopia'.  And when I see that precious little face asleep, her hands folded under her head as if she's praying, all the challenges of the day wash away.

I'm thankful that God had other plans.  I'm thankful that I really listened and followed this crazy path He is taking our family on.  I'm thankful to see so many other kids come home to their forever families.


I didn't give you the gift of life
but in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real
as if it had been so.
For us to have each other
is like a dream come true.
No, I didn't give you the gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you.




No comments:

Post a Comment